EPFO Claim Cancelled Cheque – As per our readers’ demand and comments, we are publishing this article. If you want to know about EPFO Claim Cancelled Cheque, continue reading and learn more.
EPFO Claim Cancelled Cheque
A cancelled cheque is a cheque that has been crossed out and stamped “cancelled”. It is used to verify the bank account details of an EPF claimant. The cancelled cheque must be in the name of the claimant and must have the following details:
- Name of the claimant
- Bank name
- Account number
- IFSC code
The cancelled cheque can be submitted to the EPFO office in person or it can be scanned and uploaded online along with the PF withdrawal form. If you do not have a cancelled cheque, you can also submit a copy of your bank passbook first page.
Here are the steps on how to write a cancelled cheque for EPFO claim:
- Write “cancelled” across the face of the cheque.
- Sign the cheque in the presence of a witness.
- Get the witness to sign the cheque as well.
- Stamp the cheque with the bank’s cancellation stamp.
Here are the steps on how to upload a cancelled cheque for EPFO claim:
- Go to the EPFO website.
- Click on the “Member Services” tab.
- Click on the “PF Withdrawal” link.
- Click on the “Upload Documents” link.
- Select the “Cancelled Cheque” file from your computer.
- Click on the “Upload” button.
Once you have submitted the cancelled cheque, the EPFO will verify your bank account details and process your PF withdrawal claim.
Here are some of the benefits of using a cancelled cheque for EPFO claim:
- It is a secure way to verify your bank account details.
- It is a quick and easy way to submit your PF withdrawal claim.
- It is a reliable way to ensure that your PF withdrawal claim is processed smoothly.
If you do not have a cancelled cheque, you can still submit your PF withdrawal claim. However, the EPFO may ask you to provide additional documents to verify your bank account details.