Can Epfo Pension Amount Be Withdrawn – As per our readers’ demand and comments, we are publishing this article. If you want to know about Can Epfo Pension Amount Be Withdrawn, continue reading and learn more.
Can Epfo Pension Amount Be Withdrawn
Yes, the EPFO pension amount can be withdrawn under certain circumstances.
- When you have completed 10 years of service and are at least 50 years old. However, the pension amount will be reduced by 4% for each year left until you reach 58 years of age. For example, if you withdraw your pension at age 54, you will only get 84% of your eligible pension.
- When you are unemployed for a period of 2 or more months. This applies only if you have completed less than 10 years but more than 6 months of service.
- When you are suffering from a terminal illness. You will need to provide a medical certificate from a government hospital to prove this.
- When you are a widow or widower of an EPFO member. You will need to provide a death certificate of the member to claim the pension.
- When you are a dependent child of an EPFO member. You will need to provide a birth certificate and a death certificate of the member to claim the pension.
You can withdraw your EPFO pension amount by submitting an application form to the EPFO office. The form can be downloaded from the EPFO website or obtained from the EPFO office. You will need to provide your PAN number, Aadhaar number, and bank account details in the application form.
The EPFO will process your application and will send you a cheque or direct credit the pension amount to your bank account.
|Direct Link to Check Pf Balance Check
|EPFO Online Claim Status