PF Balance Check 2023– As per our readers’ demand and comments, we are publishing this article. If you want to know about pf balance check number, pf balance check with uan number, how to check pf balance, how to check pf balance, continue reading and learn more.
PF Balance Check 2023
Are you curious about your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) balance? Do you want to know how to check your PF balance effortlessly? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of PF balance check and provide you with all the essential information you need to stay updated on your PF account. Whether you’re a salaried employee or an employer managing PF accounts, this guide is tailored to meet your needs.
What is PF Balance Check?
Before we dive into the details, let’s start with the basics. PF balance check refers to the process of determining the remaining balance in your Employee Provident Fund account. The EPF is a retirement savings scheme mandated by the Indian government, wherein a portion of your salary is deducted and contributed to a provident fund account. This fund is managed by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
Why is PF Balance Check Important?
Keeping track of your PF balance is crucial for several reasons.
- Firstly, it helps you assess your retirement savings progress and plan your financial future accordingly.
- Secondly, knowing your PF balance enables you to make informed decisions regarding withdrawals or loans against your PF account.
- Additionally, employers can use PF balance check to ensure timely and accurate PF contributions for their employees.
Documents Required to Check PF Balance
To check your PF balance, you need to have your Universal Account Number (UAN) . If you don’t have a UAN, you can generate one by submitting your identity proof such as Aadhaar, driving license, voter ID, passport, etc., and bank account details. Once you have your UAN, you can check your PF balance by downloading your EPF statement or passbook online.To withdraw your PF amount, you need to fill out the PF withdrawal form.
Here is the List of documents which are necessary to withdraw PF amount:
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Bank account details such as account number and IFSC code
- PAN (Permanent Account Number)
- Joining and exit date of your employment
- Permanent address
- Rs one revenue stamp
- Cancelled cheque to verify the bank account
You must download Form 19 from the EPFO portal and take a printout. The first page of the form displays your personal details, PF account number, UAN, and other relevant information. You then fill up the form with the required details and submit it to the EPFO office.If you are an NRI, you can also withdraw your EPF balance by submitting self-attested copies of documents such as Aadhar Card for identity, date of birth proof, local Indian address proof, proof of date of exit from last employment, and bank details with IFSC code.
How to Check PF Balance?
Now, let’s explore various methods to check your PF balance. The EPFO has introduced multiple convenient ways to access your PF account information. Choose the method that suits you best:
Method 1: Online PF Balance Check:
- Step 1: Visit the EPFO’s official website (https://www.epfindia.gov.in).
- Step 2: Click on the “For Employees” tab and select “Member Passbook.”
- Step 3: Enter your Universal Account Number (UAN) and password to log in.
- Step 4: Once logged in, you can view your PF balance details, including contributions and withdrawals.
Method 2: Missed Call Service:
- Step 1: Ensure your UAN is linked with your mobile number and activated.
- Step 2: Dial the EPFO’s designated toll-free number: 011-22901406.
- Step 3: Disconnect the call after a few rings.
- Step 4: You will receive an SMS with your PF balance details on your registered mobile number.
Method 3: SMS Service:
- Step 1: Compose a new SMS from your registered mobile number.
- Step 2: Type “EPFOHO UAN ENG” and send it to 7738299899.
- Step 3: Shortly after, you will receive an SMS containing your PF balance information.
Method 4: Mobile App:
- Step 1: Download the “m-sewa” app from the EPFO’s official website or your device’s app store.
- Step 2: Log in using your UAN and password.
- Step 3: Navigate to the “Balance/Passbook” section to access your PF balance.
Method 5: EPFO Regional Office:
- Step 1: Visit your nearest EPFO regional office.
- Step 2: Submit a request for your PF balance inquiry along with your UAN and other necessary details.
- Step 3: The EPFO officials will assist you in obtaining your PF balance information.
By giving a missed call on 011-22901406 from a registered mobile number, EPF members can get details about their PF balance. Members can also receive SMS about their PF balance in 10 different languages by giving a missed call on the same number.
Additionally, members can send an SMS EPFOHO UAN to 7738299899 from their registered number to fetch information related to their EPF account. The default language for SMS replies is English, but members can customize their SMS by adding the preferred code for the preferred language. The missed call facility is available for members registered on the UAN portal.
However, as of May 2022, the message on calling the number 011-22901406 is “The number you are calling is temporarily out of service. Please call after some time”.
can’t login to epf passbook
If you are having trouble logging in to your EPF passbook, there are several options you can try:
- Check for technical glitches: there may be technical glitches on the EPFO website that prevent you from accessing your passbook. In this case, you can try using the UMANG app instead.
- Use the UMANG app: you can use the UMANG app to access your passbook. Simply search for EPFO on the app, click on the passbook option, enter your UAN and an OTP, and download your passbook.
- Reset your password: If you are having trouble logging in due to an incorrect password, you can reset your password by clicking on the “Forgot Password” option on the EPFO/UAN member e-Sewa Portal. Enter your UAN and verify it with your registered mobile number, and you will receive an OTP to reset your password.
- Wait or register your complaint: If you are still unable to access your passbook, you can wait for some time and try again later. Alternatively, you can register your complaint with the EPFO.
pf balance check without uan number missed call
- SMS: You can send an SMS to 7738299899 from your registered mobile number with the message EPFOHO UAN ENG. You will receive the last PF contribution and also the balance details of the member specific to your KYC details.
- Online: You can check your PF balance online by visiting the EPFO website and entering your PF number and other details.
It is important to note that for most of these methods, your mobile number needs to be registered with the UAN.
Passbook epfindia gov in Memberpassbook Login
The Member Passbook is a facility provided by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) to view the passbook for the members registered on the Unified Member Portal. The passbook will have the entries which have been reconciled at the EPFO field offices. The facility is available to download/print the updated passbook anytime. The passbook will be available after 6 hours of registration at the Unified Member Portal. Changes in the credentials at the Unified Member Portal will be effective at this Portal after 6 hours. The passbook facility is not available for the Exempted Establishments Members.
To sign in to the Member Passbook, members need to enter their UAN and password. Members can also check their claim status by logging in to the Member Passbook application. The registered member can log in and get the status of his/her claim settlement.
It is important to note that members should never respond to any call for sharing any personal details like Aadhaar, PAN, Bank details, OTP, or request for any payment. EPFO never calls members/pensioners to deposit any amount. Members should not make any payment based on any such call.
In case of any inconvenience, members can check the EPFO website for updates on the availability of the Member Passbook facility.
How to Update Exit Date in EPF by Employer?
To update the exit date in EPF by an employer, there are a few steps to follow:
- Step 1: The employer needs to log in to the EPF portal using their credentials.
- Step 2: From the main menu, select the “Mark Exit” option.
- Step 3: Select the PF account number from the “Select Employment” dropdown.
- Step 4: Enter the date of exit in the required field.
- Step 5: Click on the “Submit” button and then click on “Update”.
However, if the employer is not available or not willing to update the exit date, the employee can update it online without employer approval by following these steps:
- Log in to the EPF portal using the UAN and password.
- From the main menu, select the “Manage” option and then click on “Mark Exit”.
- Select the PF account number from the “Select Employment” dropdown.
- Enter the date of exit in the required field.
- Click on the “Submit” button and then click on “Update”.
It is important to note that the date of exit can only be updated after two months of leaving the service.
bhel pf login
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has a Provident Fund (PF) system for its employees. There are several login pages available for BHEL PF, including:
- Member Portal: For first-time users, login with your Employee ID as Member ID and PAN number in lowercase as Password. Change your password immediately after logging in.
- BHEL EPF Trust, Bhopal Login Page: Enter your Staff Number and Password to log in.
- Trustsu Login Page: Enter your username and password to log in.
In addition to these login pages, there are also several PF consultants available to assist employers in complying with EPFO regulations and managing their employees’ PF accounts.
How to Mark Exit in epf by Employee?
To mark the exit in EPF by an employee, there are several ways to do it. Here are the steps to update the date of exit online in EPF portal without employer approval:
- Visit the EPF portal and log in using your UAN and password.
- Go to the “Manage” tab and click on the “Mark Exit” option.
- Select the employment from the drop-down menu and choose the date of exit.
- Click on “Submit” and then “Update.”
Note that the date of exit can only be updated after two months of leaving the service. There are also several YouTube videos available that provide step-by-step instructions on how to mark exit in EPF.
In conclusion, keeping track of your PF balance is crucial for effective financial planning and ensuring a secure future. With various convenient methods available, such as online portals, SMS, missed call service, and mobile apps, checking your PF balance has never been easier. Regularly monitoring your PF balance allows you to make informed decisions and stay updated on your retirement savings progress.
Remember to utilize the official EPFO platforms and authorized methods mentioned in this guide to check your PF balance. By staying informed and taking proactive steps, you can make the most of your PF account and secure a stable financial future.
|PF Balance Check Direct Link||https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/login|
|Home Page||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How often should I check my PF balance?
It is advisable to check your PF balance at least once every quarter to stay updated on your savings progress. However, you can check it more frequently if you prefer.
Can I check my PFbalance without a UAN?
No, a Universal Account Number (UAN) is mandatory to check your PF balance online. The UAN serves as a unique identifier for your PF account and ensures secure access to your balance information.
Is it possible to check the PF balance of previous employers?
Yes, you can check the PF balance of previous employers by linking your UAN to all the PF accounts associated with your employment history. Once your UAN is linked, you can view the balance for each employer separately.
Are there any charges for checking the PF balance?
No, checking your PF balance is a free service provided by the EPFO. You can access your balance information through online portals, SMS, missed call service, or the mobile app without incurring any charges.
Can I withdraw my PF balance online?
Yes, you can initiate a PF withdrawal request online. The EPFO has introduced an online claim submission facility, which allows you to apply for a withdrawal or advance against your PF account. However, certain conditions and eligibility criteria apply for withdrawal requests.
What should I do if I find any discrepancies in my PF balance?
If you notice any discrepancies in your PF balance, such as incorrect contributions or missing transactions, it is essential to bring it to the attention of the EPFO immediately. Contact your employer or visit the nearest EPFO office to rectify the issue and ensure accurate PF balance information.